Friday, June 19, 2015

LDWF First Week

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

I hope ya'lls first week was fantastic. Mine was filled with early mornings, long, long days, and a sunburn. I am being mentored by Keri Landry and working with the LDWF Heritage Program Team. They are responsible for studying the threatened and endangered species in Louisiana, as well as the non game birds in Louisiana. I am glad I will be working with a team of people, who are able to show me all the different areas within the Heritage Program.
I was able to work with the plant biologist yesterday, and he took us to one of the few tall grass prairies in the state. The importance of this prairie, which happens to be on a 8,000 acre farm, is that it shows signs of never being plowed or disturbed. He could tell this by mainly the presence of these yellow flowers in the picture.


If I have learned two things, it is there are a whole lot of plants out there, and you do not go home until the work is done, when dealing with LDWF.

No comments:

Post a Comment