Thursday, July 23, 2015

NFWF Week 6

After finishing decomposition sampling collection last week, this week I was back in the office. I finally finished up the feldspar accretion data sheets that will be used up in the upcoming vegetation season that starts on Monday. After that it was a pretty slow week, just preparing for the craziness that comes with vegetation season starting next week. I read the standard operation procedure, SOP, for collecting the vegetation survey data. We will site various swamp and marsh sites surveying the vegetation there and see how it is changing over past years. RSET and feldspar data will also be collected at some sites. It is going to be a very busy and long two weeks in the field until the end of the internship, but I am excited for the experience. Today I began to work on data sheets for GIS work. I do not know really anything about GIS so I did not have a great understanding, but I was beginning to learn. The best part of looking at a majority of the CRMS sites locations and conditions. This gave me a better overall idea of the project I have been working with all summer. I will be enjoying my relaxing weekend before starting veg season, as I have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment