Thursday, July 30, 2015

Week 7 - More Rare Moss and Prairie Work

This past week I went back up to Pineville to help look for more rare moss. I found more bobcat and opossum tracks and a huuuge nest of grand daddy long legs. If there is one thing I have learned about being in the woods this past couple of weeks, its that I hate spiders and spider webs. Now I don't mind if they are doing their own little things in their own little worlds, but not on my face. Literally. Walking into spider webs every 10 seconds does not rank high on my to do list.



I also went out to Lake Charles again to do more plant plots in the prairie. I've come to be very fond of the prairie and will be very sad to never see it again, particularly the ranch we most visited. It's such a different and pretty place to visit, and there are no spider webs on my face, which is a plus. The only really negative downside to doing this work for 14 hour days is the miserable heat. It's just too dang hot. But it is preferable to being stuck inside all the time. And I am looking forward to my last week because I will be doing work with gopher tortoises and hopefully get to go see some pitcher plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment