Saturday, July 18, 2015

NFWF Week 5

This week in the NFWF internship I was in the field the entire time. We left Monday morning and headed back to Houma to tend too our CRMS sites there. An LSU PhD student was with us Monday. He was studying something dealing with marsh ants. I do not know many specifics to his research. Throughout the week we collected cotton strips that were left in the marsh for the decomposition research. As discussed before, the cotton strips will be used to find tension in the fibers. Also, at some sites we had to replace poles as some were in bad condition or lost. I got to see some new sites when we went to Lockport and Lafitte as well. It was good to be out in the field more to get the experience. I am becoming very comfortable being out in the marsh, walking around and falling through every step of the way. This is not the type of work I will be wanting to do in my professional career but it is very important to find out what you don't like to figure out what you do like. I have been starting to rethink my decision of majors and soon I believe I will be making a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment